Wednesday 17 July 2013

Rustique, a literary cafe (Tufnell Park)

Where: 142 Fortress Rd, London, NW5
Famous for: Clue's in the name - shelves of books to browse as you sip your coffee. This place draws its inspiration from those cafes you find abroad where travellers compare notes, read philosophers and write home - only this one is in the heart of North London. It's a real departure from the humdrum of everyday where I have taken real pleasure in sitting here, perched with laptop. For this, Rustique gets my seal of approval.
Ok - so if i'm honest, I can't rave about the quality of the coffee. I can't complain neither, it just didn't really hit the spot. I ordered an Americano, which I found slightly one dimension, ironically there really isn't anything to write home about on this one.
For food: A pretty comprehensive cafe menu of breakfast specialties, lunchtime quiche and afternoon cakes.
Overall experience: Friendly staff run this friendly joint. As the weather is so great, I was invited to sit out on the back patio - overgrown with shade, benches and little tiled tables. The atmosphere doesn't buzz, but I get the sense I've not caught this place at it's peak. I think i'll give this place another shot, maybe when i'm needing some inspiration for my next holiday.






No comments:

Post a Comment